This week, members of our team from the Office of Family & Young Adult Ministries attended a diocesan youth leaders' gathering at the Nicholas Center in the Diocese of Chicago. Although we only met for a brief period of time, so much came out of the gathering! We heard about so many different innovative, creative ministries and shared ideas in a wide variety of areas.
Check out some of the things we talked about this week:
There are so many ways that diocesan youth ministry programs support the work of youth groups in the church! Besides providing retreats and events for youth, here are some other resources we provide parishes in the Diocese of Pennsylvania:
- Youth program consultations
- Curriculum consultations and samples
- Training for leaders (in the form of diocesan events AND directly in/for parishes!)
- Continuing education ideas
- Community worship services, planned and led in your parish
- Networking opportunities
- Sample policy/procedure forms
- Sample job descriptions
- A job postings board for youth ministry and Christian Formation positions
...and much, much more!
Are you interested in any of the resources listed above? Are you in need of assistance in another area? Contact us today to learn more!