First, we invite you to join members of the Search/Nominating Committee for one of several upcoming "Holy Conversations." These gatherings, which last about 1.5-2 hours, invite members of the Diocese to engage in discussion about the state of our Diocese, our vision for the future, and what gifts and talents our new Bishop should offer. Upcoming conversations are scheduled for the following days and times:
- Wednesday, May 6th from 7 PM to 9 PM at Gloria Dei (Old Swedes), Philadelphia
- Thursday, May 7th from 7 PM to 9 PM at St. John's, Concord
- Monday, May 11th from 7 PM to 9 PM at St. Thomas, Whitemarsh (Note that staff from the Youth Ministry Office will be at this conversation and encourage any youth and groups who might want to be a part of this process to join us!)
- Tuesday, May 26th from 12 PM to 1:30 PM at Christ Church, Media
- Wednesday, May 27th from 7 PM to 9 PM at St. Luke and the Epiphany, Philadelphia (Note that this Holy Conversation is being hosted by the Center City Young Episcopalians group, and will be designed specifically for young adults in their 20s and 30s.)
Additionally, the Search Nominating Committee has an online survey that is live and ready to be completed. This survey is different from the "Holy Conversations," and all members of the Diocese are invited and encouraged to complete it online. The survey will be live until May 24th. The link to the survey can be found on the DIOPA Bishop Search website.
We encourage everyone to participate in the Bishop search process in both of these ways. If you have any questions about these events, or about the Bishop search, contac the DIOPA Bishop Search/Nominating Committee.
Have you attended one of the Holy Conversations, or taken the survey? What was your experience? Tell us about it in the comments section below!