Today, we start with the question: What is City Camp?
We are pleased to be partnering with the following sites to host day camp programs during our upcoming season:
- St. James School (Allegheny West)
- St. Luke's Church (Germantown)
- Free Church of St. John (Kensington)
- St. John's Church (Norristown)
- African Episcopal Church of St. Thomas (Overbrook)
- Church of the Crucifixion (South Philadelphia)
- St. Simon the Cyrenian Church (Point Breeze)
- Church of St. Martin-in-the-Fields (Chestnut Hill)
- Saint Mark's Church (Center City)
In addition, City Camp offers employment to older teens and young adults who are involved in the creation and operations of our programs. This year we will have about 32 staff members from across the country joining us to serve as Site Directors, Counselors, and Counselors-in-Training. Furthermore, City Camp hires members of the parish or neighborhood to run our summer meals program. We hope to not just run day camp programs in a community, but to also work with the hosting parish to provide ministry and outreach to their surrounding neighborhood.
We are always looking for help with City Camp. We welcome volunteers of all ages to help us in our programs, and we are still collecting donations of craft and program supplies. To volunteer at a day camp program, please contact Victoria Hoppes at email@example.com. You can view our summer 2014 program supply needs here.
Did you attend a summer camp? What is your favorite camp experience? Share it with us in the comments section below!